At Manchester United we aim to be the best on and off the pitch – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets us apart from the competition.
Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual plays. Sounding good so far?
To contribute to the effective running of the Academy Transport function, ensuring suitable plans are in place to cater for the needs of the Academy.
Assist in the management of the day-to-day logistical deployment of resources to ensure effective transport provision is delivered to the Academy.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the transport needs of the Academy are achieved.
- Assist the Transport Manager to ensure that the most cost effective and efficient transport provision options are delivered and executed, including group journeys and hub collection pickups.
- Manage Academy driver schedules against planned efficient routes.
- Work with the Transport Manager to provide future cost saving and to develop a dynamic transport provision.
- Contribute to efficient weekly reporting and monthly reporting to safeguarding and finance.
- Communicate daily with players, parents, and staff to provide relevant information with regards to the plans in place to transport players to training sessions.
- Provide suitable ‘on-call’ option for parents and players, providing point of contact for transport issues, throughout the week and over the weekend.
- Work with the Academy Transport Manager to monitor process, invoicing, and essential administration.
- Assist the Academy Transport Manager with the monitoring of vehicle maintenance and ensuring any defects are repaired in a timely manner.
- Ensure the transport provision meets safeguarding and health and safety measures.
- Use specific IT software to ensure adequate transport monitoring and other tracking functions can be carried out immediately when required.
- Deputise for the Academy Transport Manager when required.
- Ensure Data Protection and GDPR standards are met throughout the Transport function.
- Occasional driving of players will be required.
- Due to the nature of the role, we operate any 5 days in 7 days approach, weekends and flexible working patterns will be required.
- Ensure that the transport function within the Academy services the needs of the Academy: from individual to group travel
- Ensure that the transport service is efficiently delivered, working with internal and external stakeholders to achieve
- Ensure strict compliance with Safeguarding and Health and Safety measures
- Contribute to the Academy Operations Team delivery of a world class support function
- Ability to manage and implement administration controls and control procedures
- CPC Passenger Transport certificate would be preferentially but not essential at this stage.
- Planning and organisation skills
- Worked with transport planning software.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Standards and quality driven
- Be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office or similar packages
- Sound financial awareness, successful experience of managing/controlling budgets
- A commitment to driving forwards continuous improvement in their working environment
- Excellent personal qualities such as communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, self-motivation, enthusiasm, and ability to work under pressure.
- Full clean driving license
- Transport / logistics experience preferred
If you would you like to join the team and be part of our mission, to win the United way, please submit your application by 8th May 2023.
Manchester United endeavour to respond to all job application, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications, and this may not always possible.
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
Manchester United FC & Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our workplace.
Manchester United FC & Group positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a request; we are here to help.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles.