Here at Fleetwood Town Football Club, we are looking for live-in houseparents to work in collaboration to operationally manage our club-owned hotel on the promenade based in Blackpool. The hotel houses our International players who reside there on a semi-permanent basis.
The hotel works with a cleaning company, has maintenance and facility support, and is supported by qualified Health & Safety and Safeguarding staff to support with policies and procedures.
We are looking for an outgoing and friendly people person, who understands working with young adults as a parent and/or guardian. The successful candidate will be provided with accommodation and must be empathetic, have a strong understanding of safeguarding, be consistent in standards and discipline and have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
You must have a valid and clean driving license to be considered
Main Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Be the responsible adult within the hotel and act as a guardian to the young adults in our care
• Provide weekly reports on the operation of the hotel
• Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times, including Safeguarding and Health & Safety
• Maintain general cleanliness of the building, such as cleaning communal areas, hoovering, dusting, cleaning, tidying and polishing
• Maintenance of the laundry cycle for washing bedsheets and general clothing when required
• General cleaning of kitchen area, including fridges, ovens and brushing/mopping floor areas
• Develop relationships with players
• Support each individual player with respect, care and affection
• Provide a holistic approach when it comes to the development of young people
• Maintain professional standards when referring to elite performance and development of young footballers
• Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively to support the development of young people
• Working with the club safeguarding lead, to ensure that the International Academy acts in accordance with safeguarding legislation and provides a safe environment for all and provide support as required on welfare and safeguarding matters
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Educated in English & Maths
• Communication skills both oral and written
• A clean and valid DBS
• FA Safeguarding Qualification (this can be completed as part of the process)
• Social and Emotional intelligence
• Managing and delegating