The Academy Assistant Coach / Strength & Conditioning Coordinator is part of the Youth Development Program (YDP) for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Academy Assistant Coach / Strength & Conditioning Coordinator is responsible for supporting MNUFC Academy Coaches to support player development, both team and individual, and assist with team training and matches. In addition to coaching support, this role will collaborate with the Sports Science department to enhance programs for player fitness and conditioning.
This is a full-time position primarily located in Blaine, MN and reports to the Vice President, Youth Development.
- Assist Academy Head Coaches in implementing Club methodology
- Support Academy Head Coaches in all Academy training and matches, both home and away, as well as non-academy training, including but not limited to camps & clinics and Pre-Academy programs
- Collaborate with the Head of Sports Science and Director of Strength & Conditioning to design and implement a safe and effective strength & conditioning program for all Academy players
- Manage the day-to-day monitoring of individual readiness and recovery strategies and implement subsequent interventions
- Produce individual and team phase reports; including readiness, recovery, training and conditioning data, and provide high-level interpretation, recommendations, and feedback to Medical department and coaching staff
- Ensure appropriate recovery and injury prevention strategies are adopted after training and matches
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine Department on player status, wellness, and rehabilitation
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience in soccer coaching, required
- Experience in strength & conditioning, required
- Degree in Sport Science, Kinesiology or related field, preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and prioritize tasks that are time sensitive
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs. and stay active throughout training sessions
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification by NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) preferred
- CPR certification
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, holidays and weekdays
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policies and guidelines
- MNUFC requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
- Bilingual skills, preferred
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you authorized to work in the United States?
Do you have previous soccer coaching + strength and conditioning coaching experience?
Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays as needed?
When are you able to start a new position?