JOB TITLE: Casual Football Development Coach
DEPARTMENT: Football Development
REPORTS TO: Football Development Manager / Football Development Officers
LOCATION: Molineux Stadium / Compton Training Ground and external facilities
DATE: February 2023
We are Wolves; progressive, determined, bright, unified and humble. A pack that is hungry for success. Wolves is one of the fastest growing professional football clubs in the UK, and also boasts
one of the richest histories in the beautiful game.
Formed in 1877, Wolves was a founder member of the Football League, and was one of the country’s most successful sides in the fifties and sixties. During a two decade spell the Black Country’s most decorated side won three First Division titles and one of its four FA Cups.
Fast forward to 2022, three seasons at Molineux saw Wolves clinch the Sky Bet Championship trophy with 99 points, followed by a seventh-place finish in the Premier League, which included memorable wins over Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Arsenal. The next season saw the team complete a memorable double over the reigning champions, equal the
previous season’s seventh place finish and reach the quarter finals of the Europa League all as part of the ‘longest season’ in league history, either starting before or finishing after all other teams.
But this post is about not what we have done, but what we will achieve next. We take seriously our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk and to ensuring that Wolves is free from discrimination and harassment.
To deliver on all Football Development activities in Wolverhampton and surrounding areas and support the international programme.
Coach across the Football Development programme and work with other staff to deliver high quality sessions.
Update player tracking and liaise with full time staff on evaluation of players.
• Coach on the football development programme in Wolverhampton and surrounding areas
• Assist the International programme on the delivery of sessions
• Be available to deliver on educational programmes
• Liaise with senior staff to review sessions on Evening & Weekend, Tots programmes
• Support International Growth with delivery on Touring groups who come to the UK
• Create relevant sessions plans, monitoring and evaluations for sessions
• Monthly meetings with FDM & FDO’s.
• Support the clubs ‘Pyramid’ on player movement.
• Compliance with Club policies
• Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
• Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
• To promote the Club’s values
• To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To maintain professional conduct at all times
• This role carries a specific safeguarding responsibility. This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.
• Football Development Manager
• Football Development Officers
• Wolves Foundation Senior Management team
• Programme partners
Scope of job
• Deliver on the ever-expanding Football Development activities in Wolverhampton and surround areas. (Currently 6 different venues, over 400 children coached per week)