Portsmouth Football Club are looking for host families who can provide a warm and welcoming environment for our Academy Apprentices, aged 16-18, living away from home, as they continue their football development for the 2023/24 season and beyond.
Host families should provide a suitable and safe environment with easy access to our training ground facility located in Copnor Road, Portsmouth. Ideally, this will be located within one mile of the training ground.
Accommodation is required six nights a week during the football season from a Sunday evening until Saturday morning (usually around the last week in June up until the second week in May with a break for Christmas).
The host is required to provide high quality nutritional evening meals every night and breakfast three times a week. (The club can advise on player nutritional needs).
The club pay £135 per week per player and the host should provide an invoice for payment each month.
The accommodation should be a room which the player will not share with anyone else. We are currently ideally looking for houses that can accommodate two players, however, will consider houses with only one available room should it be suitable.
It must be a non-smoking household
Requirements and Responsibilities
• Provide a homely and friendly environment for our young people.
• Support our young people by teaching them basic independent living and self-care skills such as washing, cooking and cleaning up after themselves.
• Provide meals in line with nutritional guidance from the Academy.
• Report any welfare concerns to the Academy Safeguarding and Player care team should they occur.
• Include our young people in family life as much as they feel comfortable with.
• The club will regularly inspect and visit the placement during the season.
• The club will provide further guidance to host families, young people and their parents explaining what would be expected of them.