Mount Hamilton Youth Soccer Club operates as a non-profit soccer club in the Hamilton Soccer district. MHYSC is committed to providing a holistic development program at the U8-U12 age groups. MHYSC is committed to operating and delivering programs at the highest possible standards. We work to exceed the customer service expectations of all clients, including athletes, coaches and parents.
The Head Coach will create a holistic development environment for player rosters ensuring the ongoing implementation of Canada Soccer’s Long-Term Player Development throughout the Clubs U8-12 programs. The rosters will participate in the Hamilton Soccer League as well as other local festivals. This position will lead all aspects of roster operations including training, festivals, and off field management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and implement a holistic development environment for an Academy squad (s).
• Lead in the design and delivery of 2 training sessions per week and 1 game/festival per week.
• Implement and execute the appropriate training curriculum.
• Participate in all in-house coach development sessions.
• Support the Technical Director with club program Initiatives.
• Manage parent engagement strategies for the program.
• Liaise with Club’s Goal Keeping Staff regarding the GK programs.
• Minimum of 2 years coaching experience with male and/or female grassroots programs.
Education and Professional designations
• Canada Soccer’s C Licence, preferred
• Learn to Train/Soccer for Life
• Respect in Sport
• Making Headway
• Making Ethical Decisions
• Vulnerable Sector Check
Skills and Competencies
• A well developed and consistent ability to communicate effectively and professionally with coaches, assistants, players and match officials.
• An understanding of the development phases of individual grassroots players.
• The talent and ability to influence and relate to others through strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Canada Soccer’s Long-Term Player Development and commitment to holistic player development.
• Well-developed computer skills with an ability to produce session plans
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with all stakeholders
This position comes with an honorarium based on experience and qualifications. At this time the Club will only consider applicants with authorization to work in Canada.