HR & Safeguarding Administrator
Due to team expansion, Hull City Tigers are excited to be recruiting a HR & Safeguarding Administrator. We are looking for an approachable and personable individual, who is well organised and highly motivated. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the HR and Safeguarding teams, whilst also supporting the Vice Chairman when required.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a pro-active and enthusiastic team, then this could be the role for you.
Location: MKM Stadium, Hull
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: Full time, 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Your key responsibilities
• Provide general guidance and support with routine transactions and queries escalating more complex issues to HR Advisor/HR Manager
• Support the full recruitment cycle from advert creation, CV sifting and interview coordination, in line with the recruitment policy for Hull City & SMC
• Assist with onboarding new employees, including pre-employment checks, recruitment packs, issuing contracts of employment and offer letters, tracking signed copies are returned and filed securely, and relevant trackers updated
• To be responsible for sending and tracking reference requests for all new starters who join the Club
• Assist with the E-learning system to ensure courses are assigned, completed and documented by all employees within the Stadium, Academy and Training Ground
• Assist with the preparation, maintenance and updating of electronic staff files and HRIS records
• Support the HR Department with audit information and reports
• Work collaboratively with HR colleagues to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective HR service
• Assist the HR team with policy and procedural updates
• Provide effective and comprehensive administration support to the Head of Safeguarding and HR Department with the Club’s safer recruitment objectives
• Support the Head of Safeguarding in the administration and recording of the police checking process (DBS)
• Support the Head of Safeguarding in monitoring DBS expiration dates and providing the employee with the relevant information for the DBS application process
• Maintain comprehensive Excel records and have responsibility in keeping the central record of all employees up to date, in respect of DBS records, Right to Work, EFL’s self-declaration forms and required safeguarding training
• Assist the Head of Safeguarding in arranging safeguarding training dates and maintaining safeguarding training records for all staff
• Support the Head of Safeguarding with audits, collecting and uploading evidence when required
· Booking meetings and assisting with the management of the Vice Chairmans calendar
· Facilitating requests from the Vice Chairman, including managing and recording expenses
· Taking minutes at meetings as requested
· Prepare purchase orders when required
What are we looking for?
• Experience of working in a fast paced administrative role (essential)
• Strong organisational skills (essential)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal (essential)
• Strong IT skills utilising Microsoft Packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel (essential)
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times (essential)
• A person-oriented approach with the ability to build a good rapport (essential)
• Prior experience of using a HR system (preferable)
• A Human Resources Qualification or a desire to work towards (e.g. CIPD Level 3) (preferable)
• The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
What can we offer you?
· 20 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), increasing to a maximum of 30 days plus BH’s with years of service
· 20% off in store at Tiger Leisure
· 2 x season cards for you and/or your family to attend Hull City home games (following probation)
· Free on-site parking
· Opportunity for career progression and training
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
The safeguarding and welfare of children and young people is paramount of importance to Hull City and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Hull City is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. We expect all our Board, staff and volunteers to always adhere, demonstrate and communicate this commitment. Hull City fully accepts our responsibility to welfare and protection of children and young people therefore, our aim is for the golden thread of safeguarding to run through every element of the club’s work.