Job title: Operations Coordinator
Department: Blackburn Rovers Ladies Football Club Ltd.
Based at: Ewood Park stadium, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 4JF. You will on occasion be required to attend the Senior Training Centre / Academy, Brockhall Village, Blackburn, BB6 8FA/8BA. Flexibility regarding location is required.
Reports to: General Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week including match days and ay additional hours necessary for the performance of duties. This will include regular evening and weekend work.
Rate of pay: £23,500 - £25,000 per annum commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills.
Contractual status: Permanent
Job purpose: To assist the General Manager with all administration duties to ensure the smooth running of Blackburn Rovers Ladies Professional first team and youth academy.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all staff and players, promoting their well-being whilst maintaining professional boundaries;
- To assist with fixture planning including liaising with facilities, opposition team, referees and The Football Association (FA);
- To assist with operational planning of Blackburn Rovers Ladies, including organising and liaising with hotel and travel partners, planning and distributing itineraries and liaising with coaching and performance staff via the appropriate software;
- To assist with match day organisation including any complimentary tickets, hospitality, food, kit requirements and the scheduling of a competitive games programme;
- To assist with the day to day operational planning of the Youth Academy and its compliance with FA and club regulations;
- To assist with the co-ordination of all off-field football activities;
- Take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role;
- Encourage and promote the values of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, complying with the required standards of conduct;
- Promote, adhere to and implement the Clubs policies and procedures in place from time to time;
- To attend training courses, external seminars and any meetings as appropriate / required;
- To be aware of current trends and best practice in your field of specialism;
- To continually look for ways to develop and improve the service provision of the department; and
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the General Manager from time to time.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, placing high value on attention to detail;
- Excellent listening skills;
- IT literate (with strong abilities on Word and Excel);
- Strong administration, organisational and planning skills;
- An ability to adapt quickly, be flexible in the face of change and solution orientated;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Ability to anticipate and prioritise a diverse workload, managing work, time and resources cost-effectively;
- Flexible approach, with the ability to work alone as well as part of internal and external teams;
- Driven, motivated, creative and innovative;
- Excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to build rapport and positive relationships with all levels of an organisation;
- Database knowledge and experience of application / administration; and
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Knowledge / experience required:
- Knowledge of office programs i.e. Microsoft Office;
- General knowledge of football, particularly the Women’s game;
- Passionate about the Women’s game and an advocate for Women’s Sport; and
- Experience in managing change.
- Five GCSE’s at grade A*-C / 9-4 including Maths and English (or equivalent);
- Valid UK driving licence; and
- Any relevant IT qualification.
DBS check required: Yes (enhanced)