Term: 2-year Fixed Term Contract
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
Application closing date: 31 March 2023, although we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a suitable number of applications from candidates who demonstrate that they meet our essential requirements are received.
- To lead on the provision of kit for the First Team, U21 Academy and RTC (U10-U16), inclusive of both players and staff.
- To liaise with the Operations Manager to ensure that all kit is appropriately accommodated for.
- To deal with First Team staff kit requirements, attending staff meetings that require the kit department to have an input in to the day to day running of the Training Ground.
- To deal with First Team players kit requirements on a daily basis.
- To be responsible for the ordering of all kit requirements for teams on an annual basis
- To arrange kit distribution for new First Team, U21 and RTC staff and players throughout each season, liaising with the relevant Women’s staff around requirements.
- Responsible for printing of all kit amongst first team, U21 and RTC, as well as monitoring of stock and ordering of applications (badges, numbers etc).
- To be responsible for the ongoing kit stock levels throughout the season; to include regular stock level checks.
- To attend all First Team home and away fixtures and be responsible for transportation of all kit (match, technical, medical) as well as set up of the changing rooms.
- To support day to day training operations of the First Team, ensuring all relevant equipment is provided as required by the Head Coach.
- To support kit distribution and printing of RTC players and staff kits.
- To oversee kit management and setup at all home U21 fixtures.
- To ensure all U21 kit is packed and ready for transport to away fixtures.
- To ensure that all First Team and U21 player match kit is laundered on a weekly basis, as required.
- To ensure that all First Team training kit is laundered and set out on a daily basis.
- To maintain high standards of work, keeping the whole work area of the kit/equipment storage areas clean, neat, tidy and organised.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the General Manager and Operations Manager.
- All other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of the role.
- Must hold a full valid UK drivers licence.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of kit & equipment operations including procurement, distribution, collection, maintenance, transportation and inventory.
- Ability to interpret and advise coaches and staff on policies and procedures that pertain to kit & equipment operations.
- Effective interpersonal skills – has the ability to relate/work effectively work with a diverse range of people including team management, players, coaches and medical staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional, organised, clean, safe, and healthy environment in equipment rooms, laundry rooms, and changing rooms.
- Ability to manage workload independently and to manage multiple tasks to completion and on time.
- Proven laundry skills.
- A professional “can do” attitude with strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to contribute to internal and external networks, actively seeking to build productive relationships, share information and ideas and improve working practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
- Previous experience of working with kit within a football club.
- Experience of working in Women’s football.
- Knowledge and understanding of The Football Association.
- Adaptable to change.
- Uses initiative.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
- 6-month probation period.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
Birmingham City Football Club promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment, and we welcome applications from all individuals in society. If you have any particular requirements or need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your application.
We would also be grateful if you could take the time to complete our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Survey using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/ymR2zBpuNf. The survey will take approximately 1 minute to complete, is completely voluntary and you can respond with “prefer not to say” to any questions that you do not feel comfortable in answering. All responses will remain anonymous and we will use the information collected to review our recruitment processes and ensure we continue to encourage a diverse and inclusive working environment.