Do you want to be a part of the new Wigan Athletic?
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a nutritionist on a full-time basis. The successful individual will be responsible for overseeing the first team by delivering individualised nutritional support to all first team players. The individual will work closely with the first team performance and medical stuff as well as the club chef, to enhance the nutritional strategies across the club.
A key part of the role will be the ongoing development of the club-wide nutrition philosophy, ensuring it links with the physical themes and aligns to the needs of the players. This will sit alongside overseeing the curriculum for nutritional education and guidance for all first team players. The lead performance nutritionist will also hold the responsibility for the entire supplement budget.
Based at Cristopher Park Training Ground, the role requires the successful candidate to work throughout the football season on a full-time basis, which will include evenings and weekends around the training and match schedules of the first team where required.
The successful candidate will also work with the Academy to provide support and education to all age groups as appropriate.
Working hours: Full-time, 5 days over 7 with evening, weekend and bank-holidays required
Contract type: Permanent
· Work within the medical services and sport science department to deliver and successfully implement team and individual nutritional strategies.
· Work with the academy staff to produce coherent strategies and education around nutrition for all age groups.
· Ensure ongoing adherence to the nutritional philosophy by utilizing several methods, including player friendly content, resources and 1-1 communication.
· In conjunction with the onsite chef, deliver an innovative food service that fulfils all requirement of the nutritional strategy.
· Be present at mealtimes to reinforce messages.
· Ensure supplement use is in accordance with anti-doping regulations.
· Engage in continuous professional development.
· Conduct regular body composition assessments with first team players.
· Manage supplement budget allocation.
· Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas.
· Available to workout throughout the season in line with both training and matchdays
The successful candidate will:
· Minimum graduate registrant on the Sport & Exercise Nutrition Register
· ISAK Accreditation Level 1
· Master’s Degree in Sport Nutrition
· A dynamic ability to translate food science into practical advice for footballers.
· An understanding of various sport science disciplines and how they integrate with sports nutrition.
Here at Wigan Athletic we are on an exciting journey. If you would like to be part of our journey and have a passion for our football club then we want to hear from you. We offer:
· 25 days annual leave [pro rata]
· X2 complimentary tickets to all home league fixtures
· Career development opportunities
· Free onsite parking
· BrightHR ‘savings and money-off’ offers for employees
· Wigan Athletic Club shop discount
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Wednesday 29th March 2023
To apply please head over to our website and complete our application form as we don’t accept CV’s. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.