The post holder will be responsible for delivering a range of football and sport-based programmes within a school and/or Community setting.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Required to deliver coaching sessions within our School Sport and Football in the Community programmes.
• To effectively plan and deliver a range of high-quality football and multi-skills sessions in a range of sporting activities that are accessible to primary and secondary school children with mixed abilities.
• To produce and evaluate session plans for all activities.
• To effectively deliver within a classroom environment to whole classes or targeted intervention groups.
• Attend all relevant planning meetings and staff training days.
• To take responsibility for your own performance, training and continuous professional development
• To carry out risk assessments and report any incidents / accidents to the line manager immediately.
• Signposting players through the Aston Villa Foundation agreed Player Pathway.
• Take responsibility on your sessions and activities for critical business functions such as human resources, health and Safety, safeguarding and equality and diversity ensuring compliance with Aston Villa Foundation policies, legislation and best practice.
• Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which your line manager or another senior officer at the club asks you to perform
Key Skills & Experience
• Minimum FA Level 2 in football is essential with experiences in other sports desirable.
• Hold a valid UK Driving License and be flexible travelling to and from different schools/venues daily.
• Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2.
• Experience of working within a community environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate others.
• Ability to engage with young people from all backgrounds.
• Flexible to work evenings and weekends is essential.
Enhanced DBS check required.
Application Deadline: 6 - Dec - 2020 23:45