The D.C. United is looking for talented undergraduate or graduate students aspiring to enter the sports/HR industry to join us as a Human Resources Intern for the Summer Semester of 2023.
HR Internship is designed for students studying or those aspiring towards a career in human resources, recruitment, human services, employee relations, business administration and/or labor studies. Under the guidance of Head of People & Culture, students will gain knowledge and experience in the recruitment process, scheduling, organizational development, and employee management.
Note: This internship is for college-credit only and will be a hybrid in person and virtual model aligned with the DCU Full Time Staffing schedule. Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be in person at DCU offices located at Audi Field. All other days, excluding any game days, will be virtual.
Internship Duration: May 22 – August 18, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Students will gain knowledge and experience in the recruitment process, scheduling, organizational development, and employee engagement.
- You will work under the guidance of the Head of People & Culture to assist with recruitment, onboarding, and compliance checks before and during the employment life cycle of employees.
- You will gain knowledge and will assist with posting employment opportunities on job boards, screening applicants, assessing applicant eligibility, scheduling interviews, and organizing candidate assessments.
- Part of your experience will include assisting with the planning and implementation of regional recruitment events, employee development workshops and careers fairs.
- You’ll learn how to create, maintain, and monitor the health and status of employee profiles.
- Eligible to receive college credit for internship
- Experience in sports or events is a plus
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Coachable, hardworking, multi-tasking, and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Detailed Oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Represent D.C. United in a positive image