TITLE: Director of Video Production
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
FLSA: Full Time; Salaried; Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
We’re looking for an organized, collaborative and energetic content team leader to join the MarComms creative team which supports Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride, OCB and Exploria Stadium.
This individual will work cross functionally to cultivate innovative ideas for production and content development that amplifies the organization’s brands. This person is a seasoned editor, bonafied storyteller, pre / postproduction master and not afraid to shoot either. The ideal candidate is passionate about running a team, pushing the creative boundaries of video production and has an eye for unique content that resonates with fans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As the Director of Video Production, you will be responsible for the management and technical decisions related to all content.
- Collaborate with the CD to establish visual / sonic guidelines that will unify the team’s brand image through content.
- Oversee narrative development of all video content with advanced scripting, storyboarding and editing skills
- Develop strong content pipeline process to effectively manage all pre-pro, shoot and postproduction team needs
- Lead the day-today management of video production for all Club channels, working closely with the Creative Director and Project Manager to manage videographers schedule to ensure that resources are being dedicated to the organization’s highest priorities
- Refresh Asset Management system, process and naming convention for video team
- Communicate openly with the team and other stakeholders throughout all phases of production, tracking work and coordinating assigned projects to meet deadlines
- Lead a team of videographers with sound storytelling acumen, inspirational and collaborative leadership, and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects at a time while remaining calm and collected
- Supervise, evaluate and mentor current department staff, student interns and external contractors.
- Shoot, produce, and edit content both by yourself and as a member of a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Film or Broadcasting or similar field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar position.
- 2+ years of team leadership and people management experience
- Exceptional cinematography and video production skills.
- Advanced knowledge of non-linear editing in Adobe Premier.
- Strong technical understanding of video production equipment
- Advanced use of Adobe After Effects and knowledge of 3D programs is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of video production, including lighting, sound, motion graphics, color correction, and publishing.
- Graphic design skills required (Adobe Photoshop).
- Live stream setup and execution experience.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere. (This may include nights, weekends, and holidays.)
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment is required.
- Knowledge of soccer and entertainment elements is a strong plus.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Travel required 20% of the time during season.
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.