About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Title: Vice President, Content and Communications
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA: Full-time; Exempt
WHAT SET YOU APART
You are a modern-day leader who values human interaction as well as collaboration and data-driven decision making. Your sports editorial acumen, storytelling, and public relations expertise, combined with your web, social media, mobile app and broadcasting experience drive you to stay ahead on trends and issues that matter to our Club and fans. Your passion for soccer and your management track record set you apart. As the Vice President, Content and Communications you would oversee all Club content distribution channels, including, but not limited to websites, social media, Club app, over-the-air and over-the-top broadcast editorial and operations, in addition to public media relations for Major League Soccer’s Orlando City, National Women’s Soccer League’s Orlando Pride, MLS Next Pro’s Orlando City B, Exploria Stadium.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executive Producer, Editorial Head for all Orlando City and Orlando Pride TV, radio and digital properties
- Head liaison with National, leagues broadcast partners like Apple, FOX, Univisión, CBS for production, logistics, content, as well as players, coaching staff requests
- Media rights negotiations and contract management lead
- Oversees traditional media (TV, radio) as well as over-the-top production, operations, and distribution
- Head of technical and logistical broadcast operations for Exploria Stadium. Oversees service for National and international broadcast partners as well as one-off events at Exploria Stadium and Orlando Health Training Grounds
- Head of broadcast on-field and off-field game day operations for MLS, NWSL, CONCACAF, US Soccer and any other contracted events
- Strives for production and editorial excellence
- Oversees day-to-day public and media relations for the Club, including all internal and external media and communications activities for the Club’s three teams, Academy and Exploria Stadium
- Oversees the development and implementation of strategic communications plan for the organization that builds and maintains a positive Club reputation
- Oversees all crisis communication needs
- Oversees overall content plan and strategy to drive traffic and engagement to OrlandoCitySC.com, Orlando-Pride.com, the LionNation App, as well as owned social media channels
- Oversees strategy and oversee Club's social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and others
- Oversee Club’s e-sports efforts
- Work with Brand Alliances team to identify new revenue opportunities and maximize commercial value across our Club’s digital channels and broadcast platforms
- Execute digital marketing campaigns for team partners/sponsors
- Maintains impeccable and proactive communication with all Club departments, leagues, partners stakeholders and oversees flawless commitments and contracts fulfillment
- Other related duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree majoring in communications, broadcasting, journalism or other related field
- Soccer broadcast production and editorial experience a must
- Broadcast, live-streaming and content production technical background
- Knowledge of soccer, MLS and the NWSL is preferred
- 7-10 years of management experience in content production, broadcasting and communications.
- Oversees a team of full-time on-air talents, producers, content creators as well as a gameday crew of around 40 people on gamedays.
- Business Planning experience
- Business development, budgeting management and reconciliation experience
- Proficiency in English and Spanish languages
- Technical broadcast background
- Media distribution expertise
- Marketing campaign integration experience
- Media Management and Media Partnerships experience
- Knowledge of over-the-top (OTT) and new media landscape and operations
- Knowledge and experience in branded content strategy
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
ABOUT ORLANDO CITY SC & ORLANDO PRIDE
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.