About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
TITLE: Manager of Business Development
DEPARTMENT: Brand Alliances
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Business Development
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
You are an experienced sales professional who builds relationships and seeks to understand the needs of a brand to build fully integrated sponsorship programs that include assets across the portfolio such as IP rights, in-game signage and entitlements, media, hospitality and other unique platforms and promotions that fit their goals.
You are driven by results and generating new business revenue with local, regional, and national companies through the sale of comprehensive sponsorship packages of the Orlando City SC (MLS), Orlando Pride (NWSL) and Exploria Stadium assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sports management or a combination of education and a minimum of three (3) years of extensive and proven integrated B2B sales experience. Preferred corporate partnerships sales experience with demonstrated success in media, sport sponsorship or entertainment fields.
- Experience in the Florida marketplace preferred but not required.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively influence and communicate with all internal and external clients, especially C-Level executives.
- Demonstrated professional sales presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Must be passionate about sales, exhibit high energy and be self-motivated.
- Excellent knowledge of sales process.
- Knowledge or ability to learn various sales tools such as Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, SponsorUnited and Digideck to follow all department and company standard operating procedures.
- Ability to source and generate own sales leads.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Professional verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends, holidays and game days.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to offsite client meetings/presentations and networking events.
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese a plus.