The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This position is responsible for physically assisting with event setups, changeovers, and daily operational logistics at BMO Stadium and LAFC Performance Center.
- Assist in BMO Stadium and LAFC event setups and logistics at both the stadium and LAFC Performance Center as directed by the department Manager and/or Coordinators.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance and repairs on all stadium and performance center equipment and infrastructure as directed.
- Perform daily loading dock operations related to shipping and receiving, deliveries, and event equipment load in/out.
- Assist in maintaining stadium event operations assets, including regular organization and inventory of equipment and tools.
- Provide daily labor support to all stadium operating departments including but not limited to;
Turf and Grounds, Audio/Visual and Broadcast, Housekeeping, Engineering, Parking, Security, Guest Experience, and Events.
- Execute major stadium event conversions; including but not limited to field coverings, demountable seating system, stage builds, seating alterations, gate set-ups and concourse build-outs.
- Other duties as assigned by stadium operations management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Any combination of work experience or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Sport & entertainment venue experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of operations equipment including forklift, scissor lift, pallet jacks, staging, seating, carts, and power tools, etc.
- Forklift certification not required, but strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to meet deadlines and function in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to stand/walk/lift with limited assistance for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs unassisted.
- Ability to withstand various weather elements such as high temperatures and rain.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.