The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This position will be the Coach of an assigned age group, while assisting other age group(s) and collaborating with the technical staff at LAFC. We are seeking an individual with an ability to lead individual player development, and collective team development, to lay a foundation for a players’ future at LAFC. This role will oversee all areas of team operations and provide leadership to the Academy Coaching staff. This role will be expected to adhere to all guidelines and regulations set forth by the MLS, MLS Next Pro, US Soccer, and Los Angeles Football Club.
- Embody and demonstrate Los Angeles Football Club values.
- Oversee all aspects of an age group team and assist with other LAFC Academy age groups.
- Successfully manage all athletes associated with the program.
- Implementation of club methodology, effective practice, and game plans through Academy Curriculum.
- Manage all team matches and ensure players understand and implement training concepts and competitive mentality.
- Direct development of players through individualized planning.
- Identification, assessment, and recruitment of prospective players.
- Assist in budget management, equipment oversight, and travel planning.
- Participation in clinic, camp, public relations, and marketing for the Club.
- Ensure all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained during training, practice, and games.
- Collaborate with Academy Performance staff to foster development and regulate volume.
- Partner with Academy Scouts on prospective players.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous competitive soccer coaching experience required.
- Experience successfully managing a coaching staff and team members effectively and efficiently.
- Experience in a similar role with MLS Academy team is preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent performance and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, operate effectively, and make sound decisions in a dynamic working environment with frequent changes and tight deadlines.
- Must always possess a professional demeanor with the ability to handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Strong interpersonal with the ability to quickly build trust and relationships with players, parents, and staff.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently – both verbal and written.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain high confidentiality.
- Must adhere to all Club and MLS policies and protocols surrounding minor players and SafeSport training.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: including but not limited to word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Valid driver license and insurance coverage required.
- Must be able to travel with the team as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
$65k - $70k
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.