The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Event Services, the Event Services Administrator is responsible for coordinating stadium front-of-house departments and resources. This position will be the main contact for all event-based staff regarding scheduling and maintenance of event schedules for multiple departments, and ensuring consistent and timely communication across the multiple teams. This role will also manage department calendars and ensure deadlines are met for permits related to traffic and parking planning of events.
- Learn and master stadium staff scheduling software application (Currently ABIMM/TMSS).
- Schedule and manage scheduling changes for front of house departments as it relates to events and non-event days.
- After each event, process time, and clear data entry errors in employee time to ensure timely and accurate payment of all team members. Work with department heads to ensure they are reviewing and approving before deadlines.
- Create and maintain accurate files for all events in the stadium ensuring all pertinent information is completed and preserved.
- Manage department calendar to ensure all meetings are up to date and on schedule.
- Assist Guest Experience team with monitoring and responding to guest related inquiries via phone, email, etc. in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist department heads with data entry for budget tracking purposes.
- Work closely with Senior Director to ensure parking and traffic permits are completed and on deadline.
- Take charge of filing and tracking progress for Bureau of Street Services permitting process for all events, from initial application to payment and processing of permit.
- Work closely with Ticketing team to learn Ticketmaster software and manage parking permit distribution for all internal and external entities for all events.
- On event days, under the direction of the safety and security team, this position will be assigned to the Event Command Center to assist with logging of incidents and dispatching of assets throughout the event.
- General administrative duties including, but not limited to office supply inventory and purchasing, mail and package sorting and distribution, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by various department leadership.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent experience in similar role preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working in the live events space preferred.
- Previous experience with ABIMM/TMSS or Ticketmaster is a plus.
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic to the get job done.
- Quick learner with the aptitude to adapt.
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic working environment while multi-tasking with frequent interruptions and changes
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English - both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, One Note, and Outlook).
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.