The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Athletic Trainer manages the day-to-day sports medicine operations for LAFC Academy. In this capacity, the Athletic Trainer provides injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for Players’ medical problems. This role will work in collaboration with team Athletic Trainers and under the direction and supervision of LAFC’s Chief Medical Officer.
- Manages the healthcare and safety of Players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals, including all pertinent best practices with regards to the care of minors.
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of Player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Coordinates appropriate coverage for all training sessions and matches.
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment.
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
- Comply with all MLS medical policies and protocols.
- Comply with OSHA standards with regards to blood borne pathogens.
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree from an accredited four-year College or University required. Master’s degree in a health-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years certified athletic trainer/therapy required, soccer or MLS experience preferred but not required.
- BOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing.
- CPR certified for Health Care Provider required.
- Maintain personal professional liability insurance.
- Preferred certifications: DPT, PT, CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT, Certified Performance Sport Specialist (CPSS).
- Ability to network and create relationships across all levels internally within the organization and externally.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks at once.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to travel with team as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.