The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships will have a primary focus on sales efforts to develop new multi-year sponsorships, as well as secondary goal of renewing sponsorships, for LAFC and BMO Stadium located in downtown Los Angeles. This individual will successfully cultivate client-direct relationships across top brands on both a regional and national level with a hyper focus on maximizing revenue for the organization. This position is a high-pressure, high-reward role that is responsible for contributing to an annual department revenue goal. This role is a salary-based position with additional compensation available through competitive commission opportunities. The candidate will report to the Sr Director, Corporate Partnerships.
- Pursue new business development activities for self-sourced and team identified prospective partners with the objective of maximizing revenue generation opportunities across LAFC’s sponsorship asset portfolio.
- Actively engage the corporate marketplace (local, regional, and national) to identify and develop new business prospects through cold-call outreach, industry networking, and use of third-party prospecting tools.
- Understand prospective partner brands and their competitors to develop solution-based platforms to amplify partners’ brands, enable them to break through the clutter, and achieve their marketing objectives.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to create comprehensive sponsorship proposals, while ensuring a high level of internal communication.
- Maintain an organized, detailed weekly Sales Pipeline report through Salesforce.
- Work closely with Sr. Director and other team members to meet and/or exceed annual department revenue goal.
- Leverage LAFC matches and other events for prospecting and showcasing sponsorship potential to new brands.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/University.
- Minimum of 3 years in sponsorship sales at property, agency, or professional sports team required.
- Proven track record of sales success (generating seven-figures of annual revenue on consistent basis).
- Proven track record of innovative sponsorship package development.
- Knowledge of sports and stadium sponsorships; including promotions, events, brands, and media.
- Understanding of the global soccer landscape on both a local and national level is preferred.
- Excellent public speaking and persuasive presentation skills to senior management teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships and interact with internal and external clients across all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast-paced and unstructured environment with frequent interruptions and demanding deadlines.
- Highly driven self-starter, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team, while also possessing individual drive for continued prospecting and relationship building.
- Possess critical thinking skills to address and solve internal and external challenges effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, KORE Software, Salesforce, and a myriad of third-party research.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
$75k - $85k base
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.