Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997 and is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of soccer. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the success of the Club in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is seeking a strategic Director of Special Projects who will serve as the right hand for the Club President of Business Operations. This dynamic leader will be responsible for developing, managing and executing a strategic agenda that will drive business priorities, ensuring that the President’s time is spent on high-value topics, and providing capacity and support to the senior leadership team. The Director of Special Projects will help set the strategy for the organization and ensure effective cross-departmental coordination to execute on that strategy.
- Collaborate with executive team to determine and prioritize business strategies
- Assist President in developing business planning deck for ownership presentation and review
- Determine key performance indicators and how to measure performance
- Works with leadership to deliver, monitor and communicate progress towards club-wide and departmental goals
- Support strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation
- Identify and help solve core problems and opportunities within business processes
- Provide tactical support to implement ideas
- Present President and other senior leaders with insight and analysis on the Club’s operations
- Assess risk when business decisions are made
- Capacity-development for senior team on major cross-cutting projects (e.g., strategy, budget, KPIs, board preparation)
- Project management for major initiatives
- Management of key external relationships (e.g., League stakeholders, potential partners, peers on other teams)
- Support for President on special projects and a focus on ensuring their time is spent on the right topics
- Act as the President’s representative in internal and external meetings and events; acting as a gatekeeper and early decision-maker on cross-functional topics
- Plan, coordinate and keep contents of a meeting focused
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in business administration
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in consulting and project management
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm, such as McKinsey, BCG, Delotte, Bain, PWC, etc. is strongly preferred
- Exceptional project management and executive communication skills
- Strategic thinking and the ability to translate vision into execution
- Ability to build trust at all levels of the organization and serve as coach and partner to senior leadership team
- Strong organizational skills and a sharp eye for detail
- Strong presentation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong executive presence and ability to represent the President internally and externally
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly in written and verbal communications and perform basic analytics
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
Some of the fabulous employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
Paid Time Off
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- Robust holiday calendar
- 1 day of birthday PTO
- 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
Excellent Benefit Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
Paid Parental Leave
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well
- 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious medical condition
Office Culture & Facilities
- Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs, and access to a full workout center and rooftop at our central office
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
What is your desired salary range for this position?
Please describe your consulting and project management experience.