Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997 and is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of soccer. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the success of the Club in the coming years.
Some of the fabulous employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
Paid Time Off
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- Robust holiday calendar
- 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
Excellent Benefit Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
Paid Parental Leave
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well
Chicago Fire FC is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, and strategic Senior Director of Marketing to oversee the Club’s day-to-day operations of marketing, advertising, grassroots events, social media and email efforts to achieve short- and long-term goals. The individual in this role must have a proven track record of conceiving and executing comprehensive marketing and advertising campaigns that are brand-forward and results-driven. This is a role for someone with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, who will push themselves and their colleagues to maximize their potential.
- Responsible for the development and execution of all marketing and advertising campaigns
- Ensure seamless marketing collaboration across all internal departments for the consistency of visual identity and brand voice
- Facilitate all marketing programs including Kids Club, Grassroots, Pub Partners, influencers, etc.
- Boost the Club’s approach to fan segmentation and targeting across paid media and email
- Partner with Ticket Sales and Business Strategy & Analytics departments to launch and regularly promote ticket products and offers
- Collaborate with the Content, Video, and Creative teams to produce promotional content that drives business results by using insights and data
- Oversee the Club’s email marketing efforts and consumer journeys with targeted messaging across Club channels
- Guide copywriting for all marketing initiatives for the website, emails, and other Club communication channels
- Assist with the development of Club’s merchandise design collaborations and product launches
- Advise the Corporate Partnership department in the creation of marketing programs, promotions, and initiatives to integrate the Club’s corporate partners
- Provide marketing support to the Chicago Fire Foundation and its signature PLAYS (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth Soccer) program, ensuring visibility for the Club’s community efforts
- Support the Club’s brand and creative design team, assisting with incoming design requests and project workflow
- Act as a brand steward for the Club’s visual identity both internally and externally, ensuring consistent use of all marks
- Serve as the advertising liaison to all external media partners
- Facilitate the communication of the Club’s marketing plans with the MLS
- Cultivate a culture of enthusiasm, commitment, collaboration and creativity across the Marketing department and organization
- Lead and mentor marketing team members, encouraging professional growth by identifying opportunties to help each person maximize their potential
- Ensure commitment to elevating all voices and diverse perspectives to find the best and most creative solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Marketing, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant marketing experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience managing, leading, and developing a team
- Bilingual Spanish fluency strongly preferred
- Proven experience and knowledge in paid digital advertising
- Demonstrated and proven experience in brand marketing and creative design
- Experience bringing a mindset of innovation to digital marketing, content development, and integrated marketing campaigns
- Previous experience in professional, collegiate, or elite sports preferred
- Passion for understanding fans – what moves them, leads them to act, deepens connection, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Provide candid feedback with good intentions to help get the best out of colleagues
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
What is your desired salary range for this position?