ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving longlasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as an enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Communications intern to join our talented, passionate team and be part of our Brand & Advocacy team.
Therefore, this position will require a creative individual, with a passion for multi-platform content creation alongside great communication skills in English.
- Support in the execution of the Brand and Advocacy strategy
- You are part of the content creation team and support the creative development and execution of content
- You conduct research and write articles, newsletters, scripts, quotes, biographies, organisation profiles and other creative pieces for our channels
- You conceive, draft and post content for Common Goal owned channels (Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Website)
- You support the strategic development of Common Goal TikTok channel
- You help proof read and edit documents
- You are a matriculated university student (until the end of your internship), preferably in an advanced semester.
- You are a native English speaker or equivalent
- You are passionate about football, up to date on the latest trends in the game have a strong knowledge of the major European men's and women's leagues
- You are located in in Berlin
- You are available for three to six months internship
- You are a quick learner and enjoy self-managing your tasks
- You are a great listener and team player who enjoys taking responsibility and working in a diverse, culturally rich and inclusive workplace.
- You love to get things done, thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause.
- Experience real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks.
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Make a 3-6 months internship with a monthly remuneration of 520 Euro, 20 Euro internet allowance and a 30 Euro grocery voucher your own.
- Last but not least, join an international squad from 18 countries, speaking more than 12 languages, that lives team play every day at its fullest and regularly meets at team events and football sessions.
Do you want to play an active part in driving social change through football on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application, including the following documents via our online application form:
- Your CV
- A letter of motivation that highlights a few of your key achievements and not more than two paragraphs stating why you would recommend an organisation to join our community and why they will be a good fit.
Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.