The Broadcast Technician will be responsible for all electronic systems at Joe Davis Stadium and Huntsville City Football Club’s training facility. This position will oversee technical support for Joe Davis Stadium video production and information technology in conjunction with various business entities including third-party vendors, engineers, operations, event presentation/production and broadcasting.
- Responsible for all electronic systems at Joe Davis Stadium including, but not limited to, videoboards, card access readers, converged networks, IPTV, audio and CCTV systems.
- Assist third party vendors in integrating their systems into the stadium operation to provide a seamless experience for our guests. Third party vendors will include, but not be limited to, food & beverage/concessions, ticketing, merchandise and all associated points of sale.
- Oversee operation of all digital venue signage.
- Serve as point of contact for all production and broadcast organizations producing and transmitting a broadcast from Joe Davis Stadium.
- Manage incoming services such as television, internet and data, to ensure proper function and maximum efficiency.
- Provide technical resources for private events.
- Manage installation and operation of televisions throughout the stadium.
- Determine and coordinate all video and audio routing throughout the facility as required by television/broadcast partners, outside production companies, and internal departments.
- Coordinate connectivity throughout the stadium with outside companies (fiber/RF/coms/IP).
- Maintain, support, and repair all broadcast and production related equipment.
- Provide technical support for the production staff and building engineers.
- Work closely with management and peers to develop proficiency resolving engineering and IT issues.
- Install, repair, improve and maintain the facility audio / video equipment.
- Perform set-up and strike of all facility A/V event needs.
- Work with Event Operations to finalize invoices to clients
- Network switch management.
- WiFi management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience in related area.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in TV broadcast or broadcast technician with experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, supporting and repairing broadcast and production-based equipment;
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in video broadcast equipment in the stadium or arena setting, including experience working with routers, multi-viewers, cameras, replay, switcher, patch panels, UDC, various GUI, frame syncs, video servers, LED display systems, RF distribution transmission, and fiber optic distribution transmission.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required and CAD preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
- While performing the duties of this role the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways and balance.
- This position is required to work outside and inside of the buildings with some exposure to adverse conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.