Nashville SC is looking for highly motivated individuals interested in being a part of the Major League Soccer team in Nashville. The ideal candidates will demonstrate initiative, the ability to multi-task, a willingness to learn and a positive attitude. HOW TO APPLY: Please submit an intern application (found at www.nashvillesc.com/interns) and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note that internships are in-person but are subject to change based on department.
Full Job Description:
The Nashville SC is looking for a Full-Time College Student to intern with our Safety, Security, and Guest Experience Department. The intern’s primary responsibilities will be assisting guests, staff, security, and event day operations. The selected intern will gain valuable knowledge with a MLS organization, as well as insight in working in a sports/entertainment setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This internship will also work closely with the Guest Experience and Security department.
- Interact with employees and customers to assist in the resolution of problems and suggestions voiced by season ticket holders, fans, and patrons of the arena.
- Assist with match day, private event, and stadium tour operations.
- General administrative work is required such as answering questions, data entry, copying, and filing.
- Contribute to common goals of the department and demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills.
- Manage assigned tasks and responsibilities during home games and events including Guest Experiences and overall Fan Experience initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Guest Experience Manager and/or Manager of Event Security.
- Knowledge and interest in sports and entertainment.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Strong worth ethic with a positive, team-oriented approach.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
- Available 20-25 hours per week, including nights and weekends and often under extreme weather conditions.
- A typical game day can require early hours and late nights amounting to a 12-hour event day commitment.
- Ability to lift and carry at least may be 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.