Nashville SC is looking for highly motivated individuals interested in being a part of the Major League Soccer team in Nashville. The ideal candidates will demonstrate initiative, the ability to multi-task, a willingness to learn and a positive attitude. HOW TO APPLY: Please submit an intern application (found at www.nashvillesc.com/interns) and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note that internships are in-person but are subject to change based on department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the maintenance/preparation of all athletic facilities for practices, competitions, and special events.
- Assist in the execution of the turf management maintenance schedule.
- Assist with irrigation repairs, painting, fertilizer/seed applications, and field renovations.
- Assist with equipment including mowers, trimmers, edgers, blowers, hand and power tools, utility vehicles, tractors, spreaders, aerifyers, and others pertaining to turfgrass maintenance.
- Learn to execute sound cultural practices to ensure turfgrass health and athlete safety.
- Learn to identify and address turf issues and scheduling conflicts.
- Learn to operate irrigations system and schedule irrigation cycles by monitoring weather conditions and fertility plan.
- Learn to conduct irrigation walkthroughs to ensure the accurate operation of the irrigation system and execute winterization of the system.
- Possess strong “start to finish” mentality with solid organizational skills which pay attention to detail.
- Ability to be on your feet for sustained hours at a time.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Highly motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Enrolled in a two- or four-year turf program or related field and eligible for college credit.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
Available 20-25 hours per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.