The Venue Security Officer will provide prevention activities and contribute to the building safety and security by monitoring and reporting physical security and safety conditions.
• Assist with controlling access to the Stadium including registering and directing visitors. Visually inspect the ID card of each person entering the building and verify that the individual and the cardholder are the same.
• Help with writing reports on all accidents or potential problems that shall occur, as well as notifying the Security management team.
• Issue temporary access badges to authorized personnel as required by procedures.
• Escort visitors and other personnel as required by procedures.
• Inspect packages and other designated items as required (including assignment as a searcher).
• Conduct foot patrol and Stadium security checks.
• Visually inspect and monitor designated post area(s).
• Assist with monitoring performance of security/safety equipment.
• Investigate and report any unusual or unauthorized activity within the area.
• Verify credentials to control access in restricted areas.
• Assist with inspecting bags and purses at all entry points for prohibited items, as well as operate a walk-through metal detector (WTMD) or Evolv machine.
• Be observant for fires and suspicious packages.
• Be observant for spills and alert to odors and unusual sounds.
• Check and report condition of area, exit, and emergency lighting.
• Check external access to vital areas of the facility.
• Monitor access through designated doors as required.
• In the event of alarm conditions, assist in the safe and orderly evacuation of facility personnel if warranted.
• Respond to local audible alarms on HVAC and electrical equipment. Report and silence alarms as instructed by procedures and Facility Operations personnel during after-hours operations.
• Identify and turn-off electrical appliances such as space heaters, fans, coffee pots, etc., that might be left on after normal work hours and could pose a source of heat and ignition for fire.
• Be observant for trespassers and unauthorized persons.
• Inspect designated areas for unauthorized activity.
• Operate and monitor CCTV and access control systems where required.
• Operate computer-based security/safety-related software and applications as required.
• Assist with controlling access to the Stadium utilizing access control system.
• Complete required testing of security and fire systems-related equipment as required by security procedures.
• Operate and monitor alarm systems where required.
• Initiate appropriate response as required for various alarms.
• Initiate and maintain 24/7 communication with the Security management team.
• Dispatch other Security Force personnel and/or check alarms as required.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a high school education or have passed a General Educational Development (GED) equivalency test.
• Ability to be trained to operate a golf cart, magnetometer wand, and walk-through metal detector and Evolv machine.
• Must have successfully completed medical examination to include a chemical and substance
• Able to obtain a State of Tennessee Security Guard License.
• Previous security, law enforcement and/or military experience strongly preferred.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and remain calm during times of stress.
• Ability to lift, pull, push and/or carry 25-60 lbs. as necessary.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold and rain.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.