Supporting the Houston Dynamo (MLS), Houston Dash (NWSL), Houston Sports Park and PNC Stadium, the VP of Ticketing will report to the CRO. This role will lead all areas of the ticketing department: Premium, Membership Services, Membership Sales, Group Sales, and Ticket Operations in maximizing ticketing revenue and initiatives. The VP of Ticketing must combine a passion for innovation, a sales orientation, sensibility and strong collaboration, great leadership and interpersonal skills. They must understand complex selling concepts and possess the ability to work effectively as the leader of a high-level sales team and be able to build consensus with internal stakeholders within the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and manages annual business plan to achieve desired results including revenue goals for various products, staffing and compensation, inventory management, pricing, product mix, investments, etc.
- Maximizes revenue by creating premium seating concepts, developing sales and marketing strategies, recruiting and empowering leadership teams and building strong organizational culture
- Develops presentations and strategies that will lead to building and maintaining lasting relationships that will generate and increased revenues and profits
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities
- Establishes standard operating procedures and standards for client and prospect engagement.
- Ensures Ticketing team meets or exceeds established revenue goals, in collaboration with the CRO
- Proactively identifies, recommends, and implements revenue and ticketing strategies, in collaboration with the CRO
- Directly manages ticketing team by setting and reviewing performance objectives, touchpoint targets and revenue objectives, coaching, motivating, mentoring, and training
- Manages departmental budget, forecasting, and resources
- Builds and maintains a high-performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff
- Manages multiple projects, prioritize work and balance strategic and tactical issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years experience selling within the sports and entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s Degree required – MBA preferred
- Leadership Experience required
- Soccer Experience – preferred
- Bilingual: English/Spanish – preferred
- Experience with SeatGeek Ticketing System and SalesForce – preferred
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong leadership focused on communication and accountability
- Team player; ability to work across divisions
- Acts with high levels of integrity and professionalism, with the ability to exercise discretion and good judgement
- Comfortable within a high-paced, competitive environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively across functions, with minimal direction (self-starter)
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, with the ability to present data and conclusions in an organized, concise manner at all levels throughout the company
- Brings business & financial acumen to the role and uses this to complement functional depth
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English and preferably Spanish, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables
- Ability to build strong relationships in sports and entertainment industry
- Ability to motivate, lead and bring diverse groups together to work on and complete projects
- Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace.
- Ability to drive results in maximizing revenue objectives
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
What are your salary requirements? (Please indicate specific amount or range)