Houston Dynamo FC is currently seeking a communications coordinator to assist with the first team.
Specific areas of responsibility include serving as a media contact for the Houston Dynamo at team trainings and on home and away game days; facilitating interviews with players, coaches and technical staff; creating and pitching story ideas to local and national media; writing and editing press releases and other media materials; and producing content for HoustonDynamoFC.com. This role will also assist with the Houston Dash, Dynamo 2, Dynamo Charities and Dynamo Academy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the secondary media liaison for the Houston Dynamo. Is present at all Dynamo training sessions that are open to the media as well as at all Dynamo home games and select away games as assigned.
- Facilitates all interview requests for players, coaches and technical staff; and proactively pitches interviews to local and national media.
- Writes and edits all press releases related to the first team, players, coaches and technical staff.
- Writes and edits game notes prior to every Dynamo game, and coordinates with the MLS communications office on production and distribution schedule.
- Conducts interviews with players and coaches as needed, including at training sessions and on game days.
- Liaises with visiting team to fulfill all their travel needs prior to each home game.
- Assists with the writing and editing of the annual media guide.
- Represent the club and accompany players at community events in the Houston area as needed.
- Travels to away games as assigned and serves as the primary media liaison for the club when traveling with the team.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 1 year of communications or public relations experience with a professional or collegiate team.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Can prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong computer skills – including all Microsoft Office software programs, Adobe InDesign and Zoom
- Experience working with major social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, TikTok).
- Availability to work nights, weekends and odd hours as required by team and event schedules.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Fluency in Spanish or French is a strong plus, but not a requirement.
- On-camera experience is a plus, but not a requirement
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?