Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for HSP First Team Turf Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, lead, and participate in the daily preparation of Dynamo and Dash training pitches.
- Attend all Dynamo training sessions, unless specifically excused by team staff.
- Develop positive working relationships with our First Team grounds and team staff.
- Hands-on maintenance to include all typical professional pitch maintenance tasks, i.e. mowing, spraying, painting, fertilizing, topdressing, brooming, debris blowing, vertical mowing, etc.
- Irrigation and machine repairs.
- Execute agronomy program in a timely manner. Assist in data collection for the surfaces.
- Communicate current and future field conditions to Director of Grounds and Club VP/GM/executives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree (BS or higher) Turfgrass Management as major preferred.
- CSFM sports field certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven successful experience maintaining MLS and/or NWLS primary pitches.
- Proven experience as an Assistant Groundskeeper or Director at an MLS/NWSL facility.
- Passion for the game of soccer and pitch management.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions in Houston, Texas.
- Detail oriented person.
- Commitment to high-quality playing surfaces.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
Do you have 3 years' experience with MLS/NWSL teams pitch maintenance?