Reporting directly to the Director of Security, the Security Manager will deliver project management, strategic planning, coordination, and implementation support to further the Security Department's strategic vision and key organizational initiatives. This person will provide significant contributions in advancing the development of Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) projects, strategies, and objectives as it relates to the security department’s contribution to personnel security/safety, guest experience, and overall success. At the direction of the Director of Security, this position will be responsible for the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the Director of Security, oversee the day-to-day aspects of security for the Houston Sports Park (HSP) and Houston Dynamo team security.
- Manage all contract security staff at HSP during regular work hours, events and gamedays.
- Manage all aspect of team security, to include home games, team practices, team travel and player appearances.
- Create and deliver security operating procedures in conjunction with the Director of Security that improve execution and provide additional value in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Responsible for ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures and training information is being properly maintained and updated.
- Develop work schedules, allocating tasks, and monitoring HSP security staff performance.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all payroll records.
- Coordinate responses to emergencies and alarms, as well as compiling incident reports.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and security regulations.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director of Security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Business Administration or related field.
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines and financial constraint.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with internal and external clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community.
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment while meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Knowledge of and a passion for professional sports, live entertainment, and large-scale events.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask, while prioritizing projects.
- Demonstrate confidence and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?