Job Title: Safeguarding Manager
QPR Community Trust are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced Safeguarding Manager to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of the role will be to oversee and direct the provision of all safeguarding activities and associated training across the Community Trust. This will involve ensuring there is a Trust-wide awareness of current legislative obligations in respect of safeguarding and to advise all staff, including the Trust designated safeguarding officers, in their roles and responsibilities.
As part of this role, you will also be a safeguarding contact for match days at the stadium and report to the Board of Trustees regularly.
· To ensure the Trust and all its staff are fully compliant with all safeguarding legislation and to embed safeguarding into the culture of the Trust.
· To work in collaboration with the Club Senior Safeguarding Managers to continually review and update the Trust Safeguarding policies.
· To ensure all relevant staff/ volunteers have the appropriate levels of DBS checks, safeguarding inductions and regular workshops and updates.
· Provide safeguarding training and support Trust wide CPD events.
· To focus on the high-risk areas of the Trusts delivery, e.g. Premier League Kicks to ensure that front line staff are equipped to put safeguarding at the forefront of their delivery and responsibilities. There will need to be engagement with both staff and participants on these projects.
· To maintain a high profile as the recognised point of contact for Trust safeguarding issues and to take the lead on behalf of the Trust in respect of any disclosures or investigation in relation to children or adults at risk.
· To implement a welfare officer reporting and support system for college Academy
· To attend home matches to support the Trust in ensuring children and adults at risk are kept safe
· To ensure best practice is followed by all photographers involved in mascot/child specific photography.
· To work closely with the Club Senior Safeguarding Manager and Trustees with responsibility for safeguarding.
The type of experience we are looking for:
· Safeguarding Level 3 Qualification or equivalent
· First Aid
· Driving Licence and access to access to vehicle (desirable)
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
· A background/experience in safeguarding preferably in a youth setting and /or adults at risk
· Knowledgeable in statutory regulations impacting on child welfare
· Able to display a high level of confidentiality.
· Able to make critical decisions under pressure.
· Creative and engaging presentation skills (desirable)
· Highly Motivated
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Proactive decision maker
· Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work
· Meticulous attention to detail
If this is role is of interest to you and you think you have what it takes, please visit our vacancies page https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/vacancies/ to download the application form.
QPR in the Community Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
As part of our safe recruitment practice pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This will include an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service DBS Check.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Queens Park Rangers Football Club and QPR in the Community Trust are committed to Equality