Worksop Town Academy is a brand new Elite Player Development Programme designed to nurture young footballers through top class training and education.
Job description - Overview
We are seeking Foundation Phase Coaches to join the newly formed Worksop Town academy who will support the development of players throughout the foundation phase. The club’s vision is to identify and support young talented footballers and provide them with a platform to take the first steps in their footballing journey. The post holder will be responsible for delivering in line with the club’s playing philosophy and the long-term academy performance plan.
• Design & deliver engaging & challenging coaching sessions to support the development of young players aged 8 – 12 years of age
• Identify players suitable to join the academy programme
• Support the continual growth & development of the programme
• Complete all individual player development plans to all required deadlines
• Contribute to developing a world class coaching curriculum
• Communicate with parents to provide an overview of a player’s development
• Support the delivery of club lead events & tournaments
• Deliver the highest standards of player safety & welfare
• Hold a minimum UEFA B licence
• To be in possession of all relevant FA Emergency Aid & Child Safeguarding certificates
• Have experience of working with elite level players
• Significant experience of working with children
• The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Committed to continuous professional development and seek opportunities to improve
• Be a role model to all players and deliver on the club’s values both on & off the pitch
• Promote and deliver best practice at all times
This role is part-time and will be based at Worksop Town Windsor Food Service Stadium, Worksop.
Salary based upon experience.
All applications should include a CV and covering letter.
Safeguarding: Worksop Town are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that they will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) as part of the recruitment process.
Equality and Diversity: Employees must always carry out their duties with due regard to Worksop Town’s policies and procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimization or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.