EMPWR provides sports services in education and communities across Leicestershire. Our trusted services are utilised by local authorities, many schools, colleges and communities across the city and county offering high quality sports provision to children and young people.
Due to our ongoing expansion, we are offering a full time opportunity for an experienced and passionate sports coach to take over the successful delivery of school-based, and community-based sessions, including but not limited to: breakfast, lunch and after school sports clubs, primary school PE, alongside supporting community based sports sessions such as football, futsal, dodgeball and multisports. Being able to start immediately is advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for a passionate individual who has previous coaching experience in schools and/or community environments. This role is a full time 35 hour working week and consists of the delivery/coaching of multiple sessions in a variety of our many associated schools in Leicester/North Leicestershire. 3x evenings and some weekends are essential for this role.
Who would be the right fit for this role:
- If you are passionate about sports and have experience within the industry
- Enjoys going above and beyond in every session to ensure participant safety and engagement
- A part-time coach looking to move into full time work in the field
- Enjoy working with different age groups, in different sports
- Confident in a variety of settings
- Someone who wants to be part of a growing organisation, with the opportunity of progressing within EMPWR.
- Someone looking to learn from other highly experienced and qualified coaches/managers
- Term time; Monday - Friday, delivering sessions to associated schools/communities
- Out-of-term time; Leading a sports camp. We are looking to push the right candidate, meaning you will be trained on leading your own camp with support from our camp coordinator.
- Working through the majority of school half term and holiday periods are essential, and holiday week availability will be given in advance.
- Pay grade varies on experience and qualifications, but there is plenty of opportunity for quick progression. This is a self - employed position protected by a SA Contract. A minimum of 35 hours will be guaranteed weekly within the contract.
- You will be required to work at least 3x evenings and occasionally weekends.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- The delivery of school based sports sessions.
- The delivery of community based sessions (i.e. evening sports clubs)
- The hosting/supporting of sports events and EMPWR birthday parties
- Assisting with any administrative tasks given by line manager.
- Undertaking relevant training and qualifications to improve your performance.
- Session planning according to age and ability.
- Create and follow performance reviews with participants on a monthly basis. Using these reports to provide feedback and tailor future sessions.
- Keep track of participation statistics, and how to increase participation.
- Support the development and be a key figure in deciding on new sessions and programmes.
- At least 2 years' experience in Sports Coaching (preferably with KS1-KS4).
- Minimum FA Football Level 1 Coaching or equivalent in any Sport.
- Valid, clean enhanced DBS.
- Safeguarding & First aid training, or willing to undertake prior to commencing with us.
- Experience in delivering in busy events and sports camps.
- Qualified to drive and have access to a car with a clean driver's license
- Right to work in the Uk
- Experience in administrative duties
- Level 2 in Coaching Football
- Having worked in an education establishment for over 12 months
- NGB Level 2/3 Qualification
- Qualifications in a variety of sports
Will take place on Thursday 23rd March between 9am - 3pm. We expect candidates to be able to attend your allocated time as it is an online interview. Alternatively, arrange an evening interview within the week. If shortlisted, you will also be required to deliver a practical assessment at one of our after school clubs the following week.
Please visit our website for instructions on how to apply: www.empwrsports.co.uk