Do you want to be a part of the new Wigan Athletic?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our Maintenance Team to constantly achieve high standards of maintenance across the sites, ensuring that agreed performance levels and legislative requirements are met.
The successful candidate must hold a UK driving licence, have use of their own car and be able to travel across sites within the Wigan area.
Working hours: Full-time 37.5 hours, 5 days over 7 with evening, weekend and bank-holidays required
Contract type: Permanent
· Deliver high-quality cost-effective maintenance services at all sites to the highest standard, in
line with the clubs’ policies, legislative, environmental, and certifying authorities’ compliance
and best practice.
· Carry out and be responsible for allocated maintenance tasks from start to completion including.
scoping the task, pricing, and ordering materials, liaising with stakeholders, undertaking
the work personally or coordinating and supervising others to ensure its timely
· Assist in maintaining high levels of housekeeping and that areas are clear, tidy, and clean during and after undertaking any tasks. With all combustible materials are removed.
· Meet with contractors ensuring they sign in and escort them to various locations across the sites as required.
· Ensure that all work carried out is authorised by the Facilities Manager and/or Head of Operations.
· Assist in the completion of relevant SSoW and risk assessment in advance of any work being undertaken.
· Attend any meetings required by the Facilities Manager and/or Head of Operations.
· Report any Hazards identified promptly to ensure the hazard has been adequately controlled.
· Complete opening and closing tasks across the sites when required in line with company procedures
· Assist with energy management monitoring and improvements. Turning on and off lighting, heating in various areas of the facility as required by daily planned use.
· Work with the facilities manager and head of operations on Planned Preventive Maintenance and life cycle schedules for all buildings and ensure all tasks are undertaken inspected and schedules are reviewed and improved. Including recording weekly fire alarm, fire extinguisher, maintaining the fire alarm system and daily fire prevention checks. Door maintenance checks. Carrying out water temperature and tap checks and recording monthly water readings.
· Carry out any accompanied inspections across the sites, including car parks, fencing, barriers and bollards as required.
· Carry out painting and decorating of the facility when required.
· Ensure all company tools are always kept on site and maintained to ensure all equipment is in good working order.
· Work closely with partners and stakeholders in order to provide the most suitable environment for the users of site facilities. Be cooperative and flexible to colleagues requiring maintenance assistance across the sites.
· Always comply with statutory and legal requirements for Fire and Health and Safety
· Support on match day operations and the safety and security operation. Attending to any reactive maintenance calls from match day control.
The successful candidate will:
· Be able to travel across sites
· Have a recognised trade qualification
· UK Driving Licence
· A proven track record of completing high quality maintenance work.
· Experience of following maintenance schedules and recording work completed.
· Health & Safety experience
· Deliver to high standards at all times
· Have excellent communication skills
· Be enthusiastic
· Be reliable and trustworthy
· Possess a willingness to learn and continuously develop
· Be assertive, calm with the ability to work well under pressure
· Be flexible to meet the requirements of the needs to the business.
Here at Wigan Athletic we are on an exciting journey. If you would like to be part of our journey and have a passion for our football club then we want to hear from you. We offer:
· 25 days annual leave [pro rata]
· X2 complimentary tickets to all home league fixtures
· Career development opportunities
· Free onsite parking
· BrightHR ‘savings and money-off’ offers for employees
· Wigan Athletic Club shop discount
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Tuesday 11th April
To apply please head over to our website and complete our application form as we don’t accept CV’s. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.