Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes.
We are looking for coaches based in South London to assist with the planning, preparation, and delivery of coaching sessions across Global Football Development programmes, ensuring that all sessions are delivered to consistently high standard, provide an inclusive learning environment in which all players can develop.
GFD’s domestic programmes include Evening/Holiday Player Development Programmes, Independent School partnerships, Education & Football Development Centre programmes as well as bespoke events.
E.G. Group Day experiences / wider Club partnership activation. As a casual coach there will be an opportunity to work across multiple areas of the business as/when required.
Depending on availability there is also the opportunity to work travel and represent the Club on an International basis to support wider delivery across key markets in Europe, Australasia, and the USA.
- Deliver a structured football programme aligned with the Global Football Development coaching syllabus, coaching cycle, and development philosophy and the needs of the players within respective
- Identify talented footballers and report via the Club talent identification
- Support the delivery of coach education programmes and presentations as directed by Player Development Programme Manager (if required).
- Mentor student coaches involved in the department’s Coaching Excellence Centre (CEC) programme where
- Actively promote strong relationships within GFD programmes to support the development of relationships with key stakeholders, partners, players, and parents.
- Support risk management and mitigation at all external This includes conducting dynamic and generic risk assessments as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist with programme specific duties required to support the planning of session delivery including any logistical/operational tasks pre and post-delivery/event.
- Assist with the collection and presentation of any data for reporting purposes to demonstrate the impact of delivery at your respective venues/partner schools and clubs.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Club policies
- Understand and comply with the Club’s health and safety
- Adhere to the Global Football Development Coaching Code of
- Promote, adhere to, and implement the Club’s Equality & Diversity
- Attend all Global Football Development in-service training events as
- Act as Head Coach (or support) International Group Days, Half-Term and/or other Global Football Development programmes as required.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably be
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates, and works well within a team
- Generate innovative ideas and strive to deliver the highest standard of service as
- Alert – attentive and observant, able to make decisions quickly and adapting to
- Proactive – think ahead rather than simply reacting in the
- Ownership – able to work independently, showing initiative, taking responsibility, and thinking logically.
- Reliable – be able to commit to scheduled programmes and to be
- Passionate - taking great pride and enthusiasm in your
- Fantastic personal skills – good communicator: friendly, approachable, positive attitude.
Skills And Experience
Minimum UEFA C Licence
Level 2 FA Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) Qualification (or working towards) FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
UEFA B License FA Youth Award
FA Talent ID Level 2 (or working towards)
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates will undergo the following pre-employment checks prior to a start date being confirmed.
a) Satisfactory right to work in the UK.
b) Satisfactory written references (one must be from the most recent/current employer);
c) Criminal record check’ (Enhanced DBS with Child/Adult Barring)
d) Evidence of professional qualifications and education (where appropriate)
e) Evidence of any Safeguarding training or certification (where appropriate)
All employment offers are conditional and based on the information being provided.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.