We are looking for coaches based in North London to assist with the planning, preparation, and delivery of coaching sessions across Global Football Development programmes, ensuring that all sessions are delivered to consistently high standard, provide an inclusive learning environment in which all players can develop.
Global Football Development’s domestic programmes include Evening/Holiday Player Development Programmes, Independent School partnerships, Education & Football Development Centre programmes as well as bespoke events E.G. Group Day experiences / wider Club partnership activation. As a casual coach there will be an opportunity to work across multiple areas of the business as/when required.
Depending on availability there is also the opportunity to work travel and represent the Club on an International basis to support wider delivery across key markets in Europe, Australasia, and the USA.
- Deliver a structured football programme aligned with the Global Football Development coaching syllabus, coaching cycle, and development philosophy and the needs of the players within respective areas.
- Identify talented footballers and report via the Club talent identification process.
- Support the delivery of coach education programmes and presentations as directed by Player Development Programme Manager (if required).
- Mentor student coaches involved in the department’s Coaching Excellence Centre (CEC) programme where required.
- Actively promote strong relationships within GFD programmes to support the development of relationships with key stakeholders, partners, players, and parents.
- Support risk management and mitigation at all external venues. This includes conducting dynamic and generic risk assessments as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist with programme specific duties required to support the planning of session delivery including any logistical/operational tasks pre and post-delivery/event.
- Assist with the collection and presentation of any data for reporting purposes to demonstrate the impact of delivery at your respective venues/partner schools and clubs.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Club policies.
- Understand and comply with the Club’s health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to the Global Football Development Coaching Code of Conduct.
- Promote, adhere to, and implement the Club’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
- Attend all Global Football Development in-service training events as required.
- Act as Head Coach (or support) International Group Days, Half-Term and/or other Global Football Development programmes as required.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably be expected.
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates, and works well within a team environment.
- Generate innovative ideas and strive to deliver the highest standard of service as possible.
- Alert – attentive and observant, able to make decisions quickly and adapting to situations.
- Proactive – think ahead rather than simply reacting in the moment.
- Ownership – able to work independently, showing initiative, taking responsibility, and thinking logically.
- Reliable – be able to commit to scheduled programmes and to be punctual.
- Passionate - taking great pride and enthusiasm in your work.
- Fantastic personal skills – good communicator: friendly, approachable, positive attitude
Skills & Experience
- Minimum UEFA C Licence
- Level 2 FA Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) Qualification (or working towards)
- FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
- UEFA B License
- FA Youth Award
- FA Talent ID Level 2 (or working towards
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates will undergo the following pre-employment checks prior to a start date being confirmed.
a) Satisfactory right to work in the UK.
b) Satisfactory written references (one must be from the most recent/current employer);
c) Criminal record check’ (Enhanced DBS with Child/Adult Barring)
d) Evidence of professional qualifications and education (where appropriate)
e) Evidence of any Safeguarding training or certification (where appropriate)
All employment offers are conditional and based on the information being provided.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.