About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact. We are seeking a Manager, Partnership Marketing who advocates for partners and what they are looking to achieve. This person will be the main point of contact and will develop and implement strategies, share research, data, success rates, market trends, etc. based on the partner’s needs.
About the Position:
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for an adaptable and collaborative individual who is strategic and objectives driven. This candidate has account management experience, and the ability to build significant partner relationships. This person will embody the pillars of the organization: Unity, Devotion and Heritage and will report to the Director, Partnership Marketing.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
- Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
- Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
A successful candidate is an experienced professional who can work with partners at the strategic level and deliver against their objectives. This individual will play a leadership role in managing and renewing key partners in a dynamic team environment. Success will be based on commitment, determination, and adaptability.
Job Competencies include:
- Customer orientation
- Problem solving
- Manage significant partner relationships as main point of contact, to ensure they achieve their marketing objectives
- Develop and implement existing, new and creative marketing and activation strategies based on a partner’s needs
- Manage all communication with the partner, their executives and their agencies building a strong positive relationship
- Execute sponsorship agreements by working with other departments to ensure a high level of execution, customer service and fulfillment of all corporate partner deliverables
- Compile and share research, data, success rates and market trends with partners
- Consistently evaluate current partner goals and objectives and recommend additional assets for their consideration
- Manage assigned department projects which may include signage tracking, digital implementation and frequency of partner posts, radio/broadcast management, Apple TV etc.
- Create and present executive recaps
- Recommend partner engagements with new events, programs and major initiatives
- Attend all homes games and special events to manage assigned partner activations
- Plan and execute events, promotions, and Quakes experiences
- Stay up to date with market trends and provide recommendations to the department and applicable clients to ensure Quakes continued success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of corporate sponsorship and/or account management experience; sports sponsorship preferred
- 1+ years of sales experience preferred
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Social media understanding with its impact in sports sponsorship
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Effective teamwork, leadership, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to adapt
- MLS and professional soccer knowledge preferred
Salary: $60,000 + commission
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.