San Jose Earthquakes – Senior Manager, Business Development
About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact. We are seeking a Senior Manager, Business Development who will manage multiple clients and projects in a time sensitive environment. This person will consistently close sponsorship sales and exceed sales targets.
About the Position:
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for an ambitious and experienced, sponsorship seller, with a proven track record of successfully closing large deals, to become our Senior Manager, Business Development. This person will prospect, propose, and close compelling deals; build relationships and network in the corporate community; and regularly surpass sales goals. This person will report to the Director, Sponsorship Sales & Strategy.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
- Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
- Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
A successful candidate is an experienced and motivated individual that has demonstrated success in sourcing, negotiating, and closing new business development opportunities. This individual is detail-orientated, can foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and create and conduct high-quality presentations, while meeting annual revenue goals.
Job Competencies include:
- Time Management
- Relationship Builder
- Technology Proficiency
- Perform proactive outbound prospecting to generate leads for new sponsorships.
- Create, present, and sell through integrated sponsorship packages that align with sponsor goals and objectives—secure multi-year partnership agreements.
- Participate in CRM (outreach tracking) activities as directed by Director, Sponsorship Sales & Strategy.
- Ability to think outside of the box to brainstorm innovative & authentic partner focused platforms.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members.
- Achieve individual sales target as set forth by Director, Sponsorship Sales & Strategy.
- Work with Partnership Marketing team to manage successful transition of new sponsorship agreements.
- Assist and participate when called upon in other department/organizational settings—Sponsorship/ Marketing meeting, All-Staff meetings, Community events, etc.
- Perform other tasks and projects as requested.
- 4-Year college degree
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple clients & projects in a time sensitive environment
- 5+ Years of successful sponsorship sales experience preferably within sports, entertainment property, marketing agency or brand
- Proven track record of successfully closing sponsorships, media deals or other large sales
- Comfortable presenting/speaking to executive groups
- Ability to network in the corporate community
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with others to see projects through from conception to completion
- Ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word
- Willingness to work odd hours, including nights, and weekends (Not a remote position)
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 + commission
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.