San Jose Earthquakes – Assistant, Sales
About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact.
About the Position:
The San Jose Earthquakes are a growing and fast-paced franchise looking for a highly motivated and passionate Assistant, Sales to join the sales team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sports and a strong background in Photoshop and Excel. This is a part-time, paid position.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
- Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
- Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help Managers, Sales and Account Executives with day to day duties
- Prospect potential sales leads (schools, business, youth soccer leagues, etc.) and summarize in Excel
- Create promotional flyers and pamphlets
- Send out direct mail pieces
- Data entry for sales leads
- Research different topics involving sales-related ideas
- Work client-facing events on game days and other weekend dates
- Attend outside events on behalf of the Earthquakes sales team
- Experience with Photoshop and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Interest in pursuing a career in sports, sales, and/or marketing
- Self-motivated and self-starter mind-set
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented with an organized approach
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends
- Open to learning and training opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.