San Jose Earthquakes - Coordinator, Event Operations
About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact. We are seeking a Coordinator, Event Operations who will support the design, planning, implementation, and coordination of events.
About the Position:
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a self-starter, who is a cooperative and adaptable team player, to become our Coordinator, Event Operations. This person will assist with all aspects of events, both internal and external, from the advanced planning stages through the conclusion of the event; and will supervise and coordinate communication with vendors, set-up crews, and event staff. This person will report to the Manager, Event Operations.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
- Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
- Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
Successful candidates for this position are looking to get a start on their career in event operations and are eager to join a close-knit team with high standards. These candidates are hard-working and have a team-first mentality as they will be expected to help execute all events at PayPal Park.
Job Competencies include:
- Hard Worker
- Personal Credibility
- Relationship Building
- Coordinate with vendors and other internal departments for event planning
- Support the design, planning, implementation, and coordination of events
- Purchase and track various items
- Supervise event setup and teardown
- Assist with the standardization of event procedures and training of staff
- Coordinate details for various events
- Keep inventory of stadium event equipment and make repairs when necessary
- Assist Manager of Event Operations to oversee Event Operations seasonal staff.
- Demonstrate leadership through words and actions
- One (1) years of increasingly responsible event management experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme pressure situations.
- All other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.