About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact. We are seeking a Coordinator, Ticket Operations who has a passion for improving operational efficiencies and experiences for San Jose Earthquakes fans.
About the Position:
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for an efficient and detail-oriented individual to become our Coordinator, Ticket Operations, who will ensure daily ticket requests are processed efficiently and accurately; and prepare general ticketing and financial reports, such as deposits and chargebanks. This individual can maintain strong relationships with fans, partners, venue staff, and team executives in a manner that elevates customer service standards.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
- Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
- Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
A successful candidate in this position will possess a passion for solving puzzles, has creative problem solving skills, and a high level of attention to detail. They will take pride in providing exemplary customer service to internal and external stakeholders; and a curiosity for business strategy and operational excellence.
Job Competencies include:
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Support the Senior Director and Manager with execution of daily operations and administration of the department
- Serve as ticket operations Manager of duty for majority of home games and special events
- Cultivate alliance with box off staff to uphold high guest service standard
- Manage processing and fulfillment for each event
- Primary operations contact for home and visiting teams and internal VIP requests
- Primary operations resource for sales executive inquiries/issues
- Oversee preparation of daily financial reconciliation reports and chargeback disputes
- Continuously identify and suggest processing efficiencies for sales and ticket operations
- Formulate and complete special projects and reports as assigned by management
- A minimum, education level of a college degree
- Area of Study: Sports Management, Business Administration, or related field
- A minimum of one (1) year of related work experience
- A minimum of one (1) year utilizing ticketing software; Ticketmaster preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to prioritize, delegate workload, and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all internal and external clients by representing the organization and department professionally
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Needs to be assertive, motivated, self-starter, autonomous, and collaborative
- Ability handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to access and input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Available to work various hours including evenings/nights, weekends, and holidays
- Experience in sports and/or entertainment industry preferred
- Experience with Ticketmaster ticketing software and hardware preferred
- Experience with KORE and Salesforce CRM systems preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.