The Kansas City Current is seeking a seasonal intern that has a strong passion for gaining corporate partnership activation and service experience for a professional sports team. This position will be responsible for assisting the Director of Partnerships and Activation with relationship building, execution and overall management of the team’s corporate partnerships on game days. This position can expect to get a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Corporate Partnership department’s overall operations, including (but not limited to) community programs, social media, special event planning, and all other aspects of our partners contracts. The Partnership Activation intern will work within the Partnerships team and report to the Director of Partnerships and Activation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes but not limited to:
- Manage and execute game day activations during all KC Current home games with fellow interns as a team
- Manage various projects of disciplines within the Corporate Partnerships Department that will positively impact the team’s strategy for current and new partners. Such disciplines could include community relations projects, social media strategies, maximizing PR efforts, etc.
- Assist with partnership focused events throughout the season in the Kansas City community
- Capture proof of performance photos on matchday
- Provide unprecedented customer service and superior level of productivity and responsiveness
- Have a positive attitude and hardworking mentality to get the job done
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
- An effective communicator that always represents themselves professionally.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with great time management skills.
- Eager to learn and coachable.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Available for all home games in 2023 Season
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What days would you be available to work in the office?
Are you currently enrolled at a university?
Are you fluent in any other languages?
Do you have reliable transportation?
Can you work nights and weekends as required?