The Kansas City Current is seeking a seasonal intern that has a strong passion for gaining community relations experience with a professional sports team. This position will assist with enhancing the team’s community impact and execution of projects and programs. Intern will assist with processing donation requests, conducting research and outreach events to help grow the fanbase. The intern will get a thorough understanding of how community outreach intersects with ticketing, partnerships, and marketing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Available to work some office hours and weekends (up to 29 hours)
- Be a part of the Current Crew street team and attend tabling opportunities in the community
- Research community events for the Teal Mobile and grassroots marketing efforts
- Assist with the preparation and execution of community relations projects and programs
- Manage donations with the department’s online donation program, including keeping inventory
- Assist with game day experiences (pregame activities and entertainment, etc)
- Assist with answering department email, U.S. Mail, and other communications
- Provide input on community relations program planning and activations
- Provide other administrative support to Community Relations staff, as needed
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
Key personality traits:
- Aims high
- Lives for the challenge, especially to the status quo
- Gets it done
- Doesn’t see obstacles, only opportunity
- Knows together is better, for team and community
- Always improving
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What days would you be available to work in the office?
Are you currently enrolled at a university?
Are you fluent in any other languages?
Do you have reliable transportation?
Can you work nights and weekends as required?