The Kansas City Current are seeking a Facility Operations Manager to Supervise and administer all aspects of the management, maintenance, and scheduling of the entire Kansas City Current Training Facility.
Includes but not limited to:
- Assist with the scheduling and management of the Kansas City Current Training Facility, this includes the team building, rental fields, concessions, restrooms and the surrounding buildings and grounds.
- Schedule and direct the work of training facilities workers and housekeepers, as well as maintenance mechanics and temporary employees when required in the Training Facility.
- Supervise maintenance in and around the training facility and surrounding grounds.
- KC Current Training Facility contact for facility problems arising during events held in the training facility.
This position will work directly with management in annual budget planning to identify and meet both short and long-term needs for the training facility.
- This position will be the KC Current contact and liaison with teams, leagues, and other outside groups pertaining to the use of the KC Current Training Facility. Including sharing our facilities policies, rules and guidelines.
- Ensure that all areas of the KC Current Training Facility are neat, clean and presentable for day-to-day operations and specific events.
- Children’s Mercy Park
- Serve as one of the KC Current liaison to Children’s Mercy Park
- Cultivate working relationship with staff at club’s gameday venue for optimum activations on behalf of KC Current
- Manage game day staff needs and execution
- Support all KC Current events including but not limited to, club activations in sponsorship, ticketing, fan engagement, community, media relations/press needs and marketing
- Manage part-time operations crew and matchday operations schedules, project planning, budgets, and calendars to ensure the department is functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Mercy Park Event Services staff in setting up and converting club and premium spaces, field level, conference rooms and other spaces as necessary to breaking down setup after event is completed.
- Supervise cost accounting expenses for overall budget including, but not limited to, house equipment rental, supplies and services purchased, event supervision and staff.
- Teal Mobile
- Responsible for making sure Teal Mobile is ready for use
- Full fuel tank
- Vehicle is clean
- Any maintenance needed is done prior to the event
- Generator, TVs, lights, speakers, etc. are operational
- Schedule maintenance for the Teal Mobile as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
- Ability to balance internal priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of event related experience
- Previous experience is supervisor role preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Key Personality Traits
- Lives for the challenge, especially to the status quo
- Gets it done
- Doesn’t see obstacles, only opportunity
- Knows together is better, for team and community
- Always improving
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Can you work nights and weekends as required?
Do you have reliable transportation?