Intern Job Description
The Chicago Red Stars are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Communications team for the 2023 NWSL season as a Communications Intern. The intern position will assist the club with general duties including creating copy for our website and assisting the public relations manager with media-specific tasks. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain communications experience in the sports industry.
- Compile twice weekly media coverage of the Chicago Red Stars
- Update and manage the club’s statistical records
- Assist with creating and maintaining the club’s game notes and media guide
- Assist with proactively pitching stories about the club to local news outlets
- Assist with media operations for all home games
- Assist with media check-in and press box setup and tear down
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills (writing and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the National Women's Soccer League and the Chicago Red Stars preferred
- Ability to work weekends, including all Chicago Red Stars home matches
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is a plus
- Knowledge of public relations platforms
Candidates must be able to receive college credit for the internship and must have reliable transportation to and from the Central Office and Seat Geek Stadium for games. This position reports directly to the Public Relations Manager.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. The Red Stars will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What interested you the most about the Chicago Red Stars?
Are you able to earn academic credit for an internship?
Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays?