It is anticipated that the Accommodation Agency (AA) will be responsible for the sales and distribution of Permanent and Temporary
accommodation to Accommodation User Groups (AUGs) for the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™. As a member of the AA Core Team, the purpose of the role will be to plan,
scope and oversee all activities related to sales and distribution for the Accommodation Agency (AA)
to successfully achieve the accommodation objective as directed by the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC).
The role will initially focus on evaluating and refining the sales strategy proposed by the third party Accommodation Service
Provider to achieve the accommodation objective, overseeing the integration and implementation of the strategy factoring in
FIFA’s allocation, prioritization and segregation policies and ensuring the Accommodation Service Provider is set up and o
perational in line with the AA timeline and milestones.
This will involve consultation and co-ordination with both internal and external stakeholders who may
range from Governmental Departments, FIFA, technology providers to third party agencies.
Responsibilities for the role, in conjunction with other AA Core Team members, will be in line with AA project phasing
and deliverables, where key focus for an initial 12 month period (from January 2019) will be the AA set up, procurement and
appointment of an Accommodation Service Provider, scoping key deliverables for sales and distribution for both permanent and temporary
accommodation solutions across all AUGs, ongoing monitoring and performance management of the
Accommodation Service Provider as well as recommendations/mitigation strategies as required.
The role will be responsible for defining the AA sales and distribution deliverables; working closely with the appointed Accommodation
Service Provider to determine the sales and distribution strategy and planning; and overseeing sales throughout to review
progress and ensure AA objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities will also include but not limited to:
• Integral member of AA Working Groups and associated stakeholder management to ensure coordinated and aligned approach across all AUGs and according to AA project milestones.
• Support on Accommodation Service Provider procurement/appointment process.
• Lead the development of an end-to-end sales strategy and process specific to each AUG in conjunction with Accommodation Service Provider and FIFA accommodation.
• Propose AUG Terms of Sale – payments, attrition, cancellations, refunds, timelines, etc for each of the accommodation user groups for agreement with FIFA.
• Participate in the definition and development of business rules to be implemented across the AUGs.
• Oversee integration of the appointed Accommodation Service Provider to ensure that SC sales requirements are met and implemented.
• Provide recommendations to the Host Country team regarding the integration of FIFA’s standardized contract terms across temporary solutions including rate metrics.
• Review and analysis of total accommodation inventory and provide recommendations on categorization and pricing across permanent and temporary accommodation to ensure cohesive strategy.
• Strategic approach to and management of relationships with 3rd parties – tour operators, agencies, etc.
• Actively build relationships with temporary and permanent accommodation stakeholders.
• Proactively participate in scoping the capability of the AA sales and distribution technology solution, and monitor ASP’s development progress.
• Accountable for ongoing monitoring and benchmarking of sales and distribution.
• Management of Accommodation Service Provider to maximise sales whilst ensuring prioritization, allocation and segregation of AUGs in line with accommodation objectives.
• Review and analysis of sales and distribution analytics and propose recommendations and remedial measures if required
• Provide regular internal progress reports with regard to sales, marketing and commercial activities including financials to the SC and highlight any risks and challenges and propose mitigation strategies.
• Monitor ASP’s management of accommodation contract terms including payments, attrition, etc. to ensure accuracy across all contract type
• Assist with resource requirements, provide support and recommendations identifying potential candidates.
• Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of strategic, business and operational plans.
• Undertake such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the role and the needs of the SC.
• Required – 10-15 years proven experience at senior management level in the sales, management and delivery of accommodation associated with major events and the sports/travel industry.
• Proven track record in the following areas from both a commercial and operational perspective:
o Experience of major international sporting events working with multiple stakeholder groups
o Delivering sales targets with exceptional win rates
o Responsibility for strategic approach to accommodation Sales & Distribution – B2B and B2C
o Management and leadership experience working with a range of sales personnel and teams, proven success at building and maintaining excellent working relationships with stakeholders
o Knowledge of FIFA/UEFA accommodation sales and processes would be an advantage
o Knowledge of Travel/Event sales, distribution and inventory management technology would be an advantage
• Commercial and business acumen, a good negotiator
• Strategic thinker and planner with the ability to draw a wider variety of elements into a common strategy and purpose
• Results driven; thrives on challenge; action oriented and pragmatic in approach; flexible when needed
• Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to establish, maintain and invest time in a wide variety of internal and external relationships
• Managerial skills – ability to set clear direction and manage workflow
• Committed to demonstrating the highest professional standards of sales and operational delivery
• Strong evidence of accountability and ownership
• Must be of a positive mind set and have resilience
• Maintains an active external network; is aware of current trends within the global event/travel industry and receptive to new ideas and opportunies.