Chesterfield FC Analysis Internship Placement 2023/24
Placement Title: Performance Analyst Intern/Placement Student
Department: First Team Analysis/Coaching Staff
Main Contacts: First Team Head of Analysis, First Team Manager & Coaches
Location: Technique Stadium, Chesterfield
Placement Term: July 2023 – May 2024 (2023/24 Football Season)
Financial Information: Unpaid/Voluntary
Chesterfield Football Club has a Performance Analysis Internship Placement available for the 2023/24 season. The placement is for students looking for a placement year during their studies at university, students looking for a placement to complete alongside their master’s studies or anyone seeking unpaid work in Performance Analysis upon completion of their studies.
The placement is a full-time commitment (this can be flexible if the right applicant is still completing studies). Working hours will vary dependent on the fixture list of the first team and the applicant will be required to work on weekends and evenings during home matches.
Applicants should ideally be based in the Derbyshire/Yorkshire area to be able to commute to the training ground and stadium.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To film and capture games and training sessions.
- To assist with the daily workflow of the analysis and coaching department.
- Ensure statistical databases are kept up to date.
- Support the Head of Analysis in aspects of team and individual analysis, through video and statistical information.
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks set by the Head of Analysis or members of the coaching staff.
What we can offer
- Experience working within a professional football setting.
- Access to staff meetings and matchdays to understand the inner workings of a professional football club.
- Experience and training in using industry software and hardware.
- Opportunity to work alongside highly experienced and credible coaches to further football knowledge and understanding.
- The opportunity to help grow the analysis department at Chesterfield and contribute new ideas to the role.
- Hardworking individual with a willingness to learn.
- Good organisational skills with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of football tactics.
- Comfortable in working under pressure and in a high-pressure environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to attend working days in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
- Previous experience in filming of football matches.
- Passion for football & analysis.
- Studying towards/completed a degree in football/sport.
- Previous experience using analysis coding software (e.g., Nacsport, Sportscode, Focus, Angles).
- Previous experience in other industry software (Wyscout, Hudl, InPlay, Keynote, Excel)
- Experience of working within a football environment.
- Full UK Driving License.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com outlining:
- Why you are applying and why you are suitable for the role
- Previous relevant experience
Deadline to apply: Wednesday 4th April 2023