Job Title – Senior Data Analyst
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent, Full Time – 35 hours, any 5 from 7
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to play a key part in the Business Analytics team at Chelsea Football Club. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for supervising our data architecture, leading end-to-end data integration, defining and supervising data quality standards and leading the technical implementation of data and analytics projects. Duties include:
- Undertake ad hoc data modelling, forecasting and analysis for cross-business functions
- Lead the technical implementation of data and analytics projects, leading all aspects of data capture through to end-reporting using GCP, SQL Server, and Looker
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency, scalability and performance across the data stack as we scale our implementation
- Perform regular QA audits to test and confirm data quality
- Work with the Data Engineer to build and run datasets in BigQuery
- Amend tables in GCP using SQL in order to resolve data issues
- Write complex SQL queries / LookML to improve front-end reporting / dashboarding and unlock access to more sophisticated insight
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Experience in Data Analytics in a related field, Consulting or Consumer Products
- Ability to research, analyse and problem resolution
- Experience of delivering key insights to MD-Level audiences, and supporting their data needs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexible and adaptive to changes in the business
- Advanced SQL
- Data modelling
- Strong project management and planning skills
Nice to Haves:
- Intermediate Python
- Familiarity with Looker/LookML
- Familiarity with Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager
- Familiarity with Airflow
- Cloud computing experience (GCP preferred)
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.