Academy Performance Analyst
Derby County Football Club, established in 1884, is one of the founder members of the English Football League and has a rich and varied history, including two First Division titles in 1972 and 1975 and an FA Cup success in 1946. The club are currently playing in League One, the third tier of English Football, and is now under the management of recently appointed Head Coach Paul Warne. The club also boasts a successful and respected Category One Academy, a status which has been held since 2014. Derby County is embarking on an exciting new era following the recent change in ownership to Clowes Developments (UK) Limited. Our track record of producing talent is outstanding, and we intend to protect that proud legacy, investing in key roles within the club to build on the foundations in place for success.
Derby County Football Club is looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic Academy Performance Analyst to join the team at our Category One Academy. This diverse role will primarily work with the U9-16 teams but will also support the wider Performance Analysis programme.
The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of a 2:1 Sports Science or related degree and at least 1 year experience within an elite sport environment. The role will aid in the management of the Performance Analysis programme, by providing a blend of innovative solutions alongside current best practice, in order to enhance player development through the provision of analytical interventions that underpin improved performance.
· Film and analyse Academy games and training to the required standard.
· Undertake pre-match, post-match and live analysis and present feedback.
· Build performance profiles using databasing and statistical reporting techniques.
· Produce additional video and data content to support Academy needs.
Key Skills and experience:
· Knowledge and understanding of industry software including SportsCode, is essential.
· Knowledge and understanding of OPTA and Hudl would be desirable.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· High-level IT and video editing skills.
· The ability and desire to work in a fast pace environment whilst working to deadlines.
· Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
· Confident, resilient and self-motivated.
The role is full-time and based at Moor Farm Training Centre.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Derby County employee benefits include:
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Two complimentary staff season tickets
· Two complimentary staff away memberships
· 20% discount at DCFC Megastore
· Company Pension with Aviva
· Discounts with select Club partners and sponsors
· Healthshield Cash Health Plan to support employee health and well-being and Perks for great deals and discounts
· Participating in our employee forum, ‘The Herd’
· Training and development opportunities
· Access to programmes and volunteering opportunities with Derby County Community Trust
· Subsidised lunchtime meals at Moor Farm
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found HERE.
Alternatively, please copy and paste - http://thera.ms/apply - to your chosen browser.
More information can be found at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/jobsandcareers
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 26 March 2023. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Strictly no agencies please.